10 Signs You Know You’re in Pursuit of Your Passions
If you’ve spent any time on my blog, you likely know that I am REALLY passionate about, well, people being passionate! 🙂 After all, Passion is what will feed that insatiable hunger for growth and fulfillment.
As the saying goes, “the most powerful weapon on Earth is a human soul on fire!”
Passion is what gets us out of bed with energy and excitement about the day ahead, and has us always see the glass half full. So today, I wanted to share my top 10 signs to look out for so that you know you are perfectly aligned with what you’re supposed to be doing.
2. You hunger for more knowledge on a particular subject. Just because you’re passionate, it doesn’t mean you’ll automatically be good at what you’re doing in the beginning. That doesn’t stop you. If it’s what you have to go through to follow and live your passions, you go for it full tilt! You trust that with experience and application you will become great.
3. Days are too short. To compensate, you begin staying up into the wee-hours of the morning working on your projects and plans. This pursuit gets much of your time, mentally and physically, and it becomes the fuel for the fire in your belly!
4. People are magnetically drawn to you, because when you speak you light up the whole room! Your passion is contagious, and people listen to what you have to say.
5. Anytime you are in the pursuit of a goal, you will be tested. Obstacles and roadblocks are inevitable. So is how you see them! A person in pursuit of their passion will see challenges as opportunities, where everyone else will see those same challenges as signs to call it quits. A passionate person understands that we do not succeed in spite of our obstacles and challenges, we succeed precisely because of them!
6. You are willing to do uncomfortable things, take chances and risk everything.
7. You have let go of fear and stepped into faith. You have an unshakable belief that you are on the path of your destiny, that you are doing your life’s work. Your faith will lead you exactly where you need to go. Remember, fear and faith cannot exist in the same space at the same time!
8. You do whatever needs to be done, with no expectation of recognition or reward. You are less focused on the result and more focused on the enjoyment of the work itself. As a result, well, results come easily! 🙂
9. You do not care what others think of your pursuit. You are independent, complete and living a truly inspired life.
10. You will lose interest in things that are not aligned with your top passions.
If you were nodding in agreement while you read these statements, then CONGRATULATIONS! You are living your life in pursuit of your passions. To reach your full potential and truly live life to the fullest, it is essential that you are doing work that you love. There is simply no other way!
And if you found yourself wishing these statements were true for you, well, then there’s some work to do. The good news is there are great resources to help you get where you’re trying to go. Feel free to check out my recommended resources for some great tools I’ve used to figure out exactly who I am, what I’m worth, and how I’m going to get there.
If you’ve found this post valuable, be sure to Share it on Facebook and ReTweet to your Twitter followers. And please leave me a comment below …. What are you most passionate about?