Hemp Protein Balls ~ The Perfect Snack for Energy, Vitality, and Weight Loss
Introducing…..the protein ball.
These bite-size snacks are the perfect way to enjoy something yummy while also packing a whopping nutritional punch. I highly recommend eating one before heading out to holiday parties, or any party for that matter!
You can use any kind of protein powder for these balls, but I highly recommend giving hemp protein powder a try. Nutiva and Living Harvest are two great brands of unrefined, pure hemp protein. I also love vegan protein blends from Sun Warrior and Vega, which are pricier but incredible products.
This protein ball has a lot of healthy ingredients. In one serving, you’re getting:
- Antioxidants from raw cacao. Raw Cacao is a great source of magnesium, which relaxes the nervous system and supports better sleep, mood, digestion and recovery. By adding cacao, you get the pleasure and flavor of chocolate, minus the sugar and processing!
- A complete, vegan protein in hemp seeds and hemp protein. Hemp seeds have the most concentrated balance of proteins, essential fats, vitamins and enzymes of all the seeds, and are one of my favorite superfoods.
- Anti-parasitic and anti-viral properties of shredded coconut.
- Awesome metabolic boost from coconut oil. So many benefits it’s a whole separate post! Suffice to say, if you’re not consuming cooconut oil daily, you should be!
- Cinnamon, which supports heart health, digestion, blood sugar regulation and brain function.
- Raw honey, a natural sugar that doesn’t cause blood sugar to spike like white sugar. It contains loads of antioxidants, minerals and enzymes that promote the growth of good bacteria in the gut. It’s a powerhouse against seasonal allergies and also calms the nervous system, aiding in restful sleep.
Try whipping up this tasty treat to satisfy your taste buds AND provide a whopping nutritive punch!
- 2 tablespoons hemp protein powder
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 3 tablespoons sunbutter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao
- 1 tablespoon honey or stevia (only a few drops needed)
- shredded coconut
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir until ingredients are combined and mixed well.
- Once ingredients are mixed well, Roll into 6 even balls.
- If you are having trouble forming the balls, put the bowl in the freezer for 5 minutes first.
- Roll each ball in a bowl of shredded coconut - feel free to dust them with more cacao for an extra boost of antioxidants.
- Place on a wax paper lined dish and place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Store in refridgerator for up to a week (although they'll never last that long, they taste like dessert!) 🙂
Depending on your level of activity, 1 or 2 will be a serving size. Just be careful, they taste like dessert so it’s tempting to eat more! Remember the goal ~ you are nourishing your body and providing energy, vitality and supporting a healthy weight. Like everything, respect the serving size. 😉
Want more recipes like this?
This protein ball recipe is one of over 60+ recipes included in my Whole Foods Seasonal Reboot!
We’re about to kick off the Winter season on January 8th, and early bird pricing is good until January 2nd, so don’t wait!
Give yourself the BEST gift this holiday season….the gift of health! If you’ve been over-indulging and over-imbibing this holiday season, this will be the perfect way to jumpstart 2015 so it’s your best year yet!
You’ll get 15 days of full support from me, which includes 4 days of prep, 7 days in the heart of the program and 4 days of transition (or longer should you choose to extend). That’s 11 days of meal suggestions, including shopping list and a whole bunch of extra goodies that I share in our private forum. That’s right, you’ won’t go it alone, you’ll be part of a vibrant community of like-minded folks sharing in a similar journey toward looking and feeling your very best.